Thursday, April 13, 2017

Taking More Mono Photos...

It has been a while since I posted due to work and personal commitments.  Hopefully I will be posting more.  So here goes...

Model: Hanna Taylor
I have always been a colour shooter.  I just love bold colours, but recently I started experimenting with black and white.  Some images are close to mono, more like 80% desaturated.  That look just appeal to me.  This goes hand in hand with a style of retouching I am using more and more of.  That is under exposing the image and then dodge and burn in Photoshop.

Model: Hanna Taylor
It is a technique I started to use about 18 months ago.  Now It is used with mono or desaturated look.  These images of the amazing Charlotte Daintelle were shot with this style of editing right from the start.  I make sure the image is slightly under exposed to make this style of editing easier.  When ever I shoot, I always have a mood board created.  Without one, it is easy to drift off in different directions and make sure I stay focus on the goal.

Model: Charlotte Daintelle

Model: Charlotte Daintelle

Model: Charlotte Daintelle

Model: Charlotte Daintelle

Model: Charlotte Daintelle
It is a style I am still developing and will carry on refining.  There are more photo shoots planned and I will be sharing more with you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment